Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Cool Green Chalkboard Machine

I found this at a yard sale for $5, like most of my project finds.  After another late night paint fest with a bottle of Coca-Cola, here's what happened!  I've been having a lot of fun with some new techniques.  My favorite so far has been Valspar's antiquing glaze.  I seem to be using it on everything.  Add in some of my fav green and chalkboard paint and voila'!


I'm using Valspar paint+primer.  A quart is about $17, which is pretty pricy for paint, but I can get up to 4 projects out of a quart so it works out well.  I always tape of the edges and around the drawer fronts because it just gives it a better look..  Not to mention paint drips drive me crazy!  After I painted it green I antiqued it, waxed it, and then I taped off the top so I could shoot it with a can of chalkboard spraypaint.

My kids loved this and so did I, until I kept tripping over it in the entryway.  It was just too low and stuck out too far.  So it hit Craigslist and it's gone :-(.

Update: I found some before pics.  This was fugly!


 Ewwww!


No comments:

Post a Comment